Post info


Comments 8


Author: Anusha




I was driving down to Houston with Varsha to visit a very good friend of mine in December 2008. The drive was marked by beautiful roads and amazing sights. There was this rest area which was amazingly beautiful. Varsha and I tried to get some SLR quality pics with our point and shoot cameras. We sure could not achieve much. But some pics came out very well.

I took this one randomly and knew the instant I clicked that I would love this one.


I had a Canon SD770. It was a decent P&S. I almost miss it looking at this pic.

I did some processing on this pic - basically reduced the temperature. I had some discussion recently with a friend about using softwares to glorify the clicks. Yes, it becomes more of a technology thing than talent, but my argument remains that if your eyes love it and something moves within, it is worth it.

Thoughts welcome..

8 comments:


  1. u can only do kalakaari if the subject is good.....one of the best pics for sure

  1. the subject was good..for sure.. ;-)

  1. indeed a luvly shot!

    and yeah some level of post processing is acceptable and even necessary. but there is always a line between post processing and photo manipulation. hope u stay at the right end of the line :)

  1. Sandeep - yeah you are right..manipulation should not be called photography.. :-)

    actually i am so dumb with the softwares that even if they are all on my machine, i would really be clueless as to what to do with them..

    I will stay on the right side..promise.. :-)

  1. ohhh..kewl..nice pics...even i got on DSLR ...sony alfa 330...but dont hve enough time to learn photography... should take some lessons from u :D

  1. Abhay - thanks for visiting..

    no i am not that good to give lessons..

    send some pics when you can..were your Malaysia pics from your new camera?

  1. Very nice. Like the shades of blue! Sometimes big surprises come in small packages!

  1. Thanks Ragu...

    I checked your pics on Flickr..awesome clicks! :-)

Powered by Blogger.